Faculty of Pharmacy
Faculty of pharmacy has been established in 2014. The Faculty since its inception in 2014 is looking to provide latest methods that keep pace with global progress in the educational process.
This faculty attempts to achieve the following goals:
- Contributing to raising the level of health awareness through preparing pharmacists who have general culture and distinctive scientific skills in their respective fields.
- Upgrading scientific researches that contribute to the development of the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Cooperating with various local and international health and pharmaceutical institutions to find solutions to the various issues facing the pharmaceutical development in Palestine.
- Preparing graduates who are capable of serving, cooperating, and meeting the needs of local community.
- Participating in increasing health and environmental awareness of the community through various scientific activities such as seminars, lectures and conferences.
- Preparing qualified pharmacists in various fields of pharmacy to serve health institutions in the society.
- Providing specialists in the field of pharmacy with scientific and practical knowledge enough to face the challenges and the rapid development in health sciences in the Palestinian society.
- Developing scientific research through cooperation with various health institutions, local and Arab pharmacy colleges.
- Keeping pace with global development in the pharmaceutical education.
- Providing graduates with excellent knowledge in basic pharmaceutical, clinical and administrative sciences necessary to perform their roles as health care providers.
- Enhancing graduates’ perceptions of technical, social and behavioral aspects of pharmacy including communication skills.
- Integrating graduates’ knowledge and skills to make Pharmaceutical decisions and measure drug use.
- Fostering graduates’ knowledge and practice of the skills necessary to commit to lifelong learning.
- Evaluating information, disseminating, and applying new skills.
- Qualifying teaching and learning methods in line with the requirements of the scientific revolution.
- Preparing complementary courses to emphasize the interdependence and integration among them.
- Providing scientific content compatible with local and international quality requirements.
- Supplying the necessary infrastructure for (laboratories, computers, information systems, etc. ...).
- Outfitting the laboratories with the latest equipment needed to train students.
- Employing highly qualified academic professionals.
- Following-up of students’ performance, development and progress through academic assessment.
- Adopting the use of innovation, communication and modern technological methods.
- Incorporating practical training to cover the 280 hour-field training in addition to private practice of training hours.
- Supervising students during the training period and reporting the necessary recommendations to contribute to maintaining the productivity and vitality of students.
- Using the electronic means for the communication between the instructors and their students.
- Facilitating the evaluation and follow-up process by the Quality Assurance Unit.
- Training students in pharmaceutical sciences at the university, ministries, hospitals, primary care centers and factories... etc.,
- Using advanced teaching methods so as to ensure the best and excellence in educational quality. Such methods include panel discussions, presentations, development and expansion of stimuli and activities that help building student's personality.
- Conducting syllabuses that include concepts, components, methods of health research, and offering multiple courses concerned with increasing students’ information and analysis.